Program highlights include:
• Private visits to the Baptistry and Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore.
• Luncheon in the Palazzo Frescobaldi, hosted by Marchese Ferdinando and Marchesa Rosaria Frescobaldi, Friends of Florence Board Members.
• A private visit to the Opificio delle Pietre Dure Restoration Laboratory in Fortezza da Basso.
• Private visits to the Uffizi Museum and Vasari Corridor.
• A press conference in the Sala del Cinquecento in the Palazzo Vecchio, Florence’s historic City Hall, to present the completed Loggia dei Lanzi restoration project and a DVD documenting the restoration.
• Unveiling of the marble statuary beneath the Loggia dei Lanzi, all restored by Friends of Florence, including Giambologna’s Rape of the Sabines.