The Bardini Museum was established in 1923 as a result of the bequest of the collection of renowned connoisseur and collector Stefano Bardini to the City of Florence. The museum recently re-opened after being closed for many years and features artwork from the 1200s through the 1800s. It also houses the renowned Corsi Collection, which has never been open to the public. Research and examination of 30 paintings in this collection by graduate students of art history at the University of Florence began in 2010.
Friends of Florence assisted with the funding for this examination and the publication of a book about the 30 paintings examined. A public exhibition of the paintings at the Bardini took place in Spring 2011.