The Boboli Gardens were designed for the Medici after they bought the Palazzo Pitti in 1549, and are an excellent example of stylized Renaissance gardening. This project will restore L’Isolotto del Giardino (The Garden of the Little Island), which includes delightful statues of dancing peasants surrounding a moated garden and central island. A copy of Giambologna’s Oceanus Fountain is the centerpiece of L’Isolotto. The original is now in the Bargello. The entire water system of the fountain will also be restored.